Commuting back and forth to work each and everyday is not a pleasurable experience and you will notice some unpleasant side effects.
Most of the times, the ride is not as smooth and trouble free as you wish and you may become stressed.
You may also find yourself getting sleepy behind the wheel from the monotony of the same road every day.
These tips should help you to better enjoy your daily commute to the workplace.
1. CLEAN IT UP
Keep your vehicle as clean and uncluttered as possible. A clean car is more pleasant that a cluttered unsightly interior. Keep a container of some sort handy to discard any trash you may accumulate. Also, decorate the interior with your favorite things so that you feel home and do not suffer much commute stress.
Ride with someone else part of the time or have someone ride with you. Sharing ride with a travel companion will break the monotony of the same old everyday drive and makes the ride more enjoyable.
3. CRANK UP THE RADIO
Listen to music or your favorite CD or an audio book. Catch up on the latest news or weather report. Try to sing along with the music.
4. STAY RESTED
Get a good night’s sleep. Go to bed early so you do not oversleep. Waking up late and rushing to get on your way does not make a pleasant ride to work. You will spend the whole time wondering if you forgot something such as your wallet, shoes, keys, etc.
5. KEEP YOUR VEHICLE REPAIRED
It is frustrating to drive a car that has mechanical problems, not to mention dangerous. A well maintained vehicle is much more enjoyable to drive even in times of bad weather and/or heavy traffic conditions.
6. USE AIR FRESHENERS
A pleasant scent will help you relax. It may also cover of the odd smell of yesterday’s soda that dumped on the carpet when you rounded a curve.
7. NO HANGOVERS
Keep drinking to a minimum on work nights. If you are tired or slightly hung over from alcohol the night before, the drive will be more stressful and unsafe. If fact, if you consume a lot you could still be considered legally under the influence the following morning and get a DUI.
8. EAT BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
Eat a healthy breakfast before you start commuting to work that keeps you energized even if you are stuck in traffic. It is hard to eat while you are driving. It can cause you to be distracted and have an accident. You may also sling the food all over your vehicle that makes you feel uncomfortable all over your drive.
Keep the things you need or use in your vehicle handy. This way you will know where your driver’s license and insurance papers are if you are pulled over by a police officer. Keep the pen you use to sign your paycheck handy. These things can make an otherwise stressful day go much smoother.
10. AVOID TRAFFIC
Try to leave a little earlier or later to avoid high volumes of traffic. Seek out alternate routes to reduce waiting at stoplights or for traffic to clear. You may drive a little further but chances are you will use about the same amount of gas and arrive at your destination just as soon. Getting away from traffic will save you a lot of stress and make the ride much more pleasant.
11. TAKE A DIFFERENT ROUTE
Taking a different route will keep your daily commute more interesting and less stressful. It may also keep you from falling asleep.
Having a nice ride to work will make your entire day less stressful and more relaxing. You will be able to focus more on your job and less on the hassle of getting there.
If you like the article, Subscribe here for the updates.
- Why Are We Lazy ?
- Do What You Love? or Love What You Do?
- How to Eliminate Laziness
- How to be at Peak Energy Levels in the Morning
- How to Stay Energetic All the Time?
- How to Convince Your Boss to Let You Go on a Vacation
- Time Management Tips for Lazy People
- How Beat Procrastination for lazy people
- Stop Complaining and Take Control of Life
- How to Get Back to Work After a Long Break
- Weight Loss Tips for Lazy People Who Hate to Exercise
- How to Deal the Stress in the Workplace
- Merits of Laziness – How to benefit from Laziness
- Top Tips to Motivate Lazy People to Exercise
- Tips to Deal with Difficult People at Work and Seek Cooperation with Them
- Top Tips to Overcome Laziness in Children
- How to wake up early in the morning?
- Push your limits – Get out of the comfort zone
- How to Overcome Laziness at the Workplace? – Part 3
- How to Overcome Laziness at the Workplace? – Part 2
- How to Overcome Laziness at the Workplace? – Part 1