Proactive Time Management Tips for Lazy People
Do you ever find yourself with more to do than you can handle, while others around you seem to handle things without ruffling the feathers ?
Have you wanted to find ways to handle your time better ?
Have you wanted to be proactive than reactive?
When you are lazy and if you can incorporate the time management tips into your day, you will realize that your whole life will suddenly take a 180 degree turn and running smoother than ever before.
Let’s learn how to free up the clutter and get some things done !
PLAN YOUR DAY
If you have a list written the night before, you can rest easier in bed knowing there is nothing you have to remember the next day.
Flying by the seat of your pants might be a good way to accommodate emergencies, but it can become quite frustrating when it seems you are constantly scrambling to remember what you are doing next.
A few minutes of your time can save volumes of headaches later.
Sometimes avoiding those pesky jobs merely keeps you from freeing up time.
Allocate time to make those routine phone calls, file your paperwork and take care of the other jobs.
Once those are done, they won’t be competing for your attention and you can devote yourself to more important things.
GET RID OF DISTRACTIONS
Whatever your personal distractions are, eliminate them from your work area.
Turn off the email, pager, cell phone and shut the door !
Committing to a set amount of time to work on an important project will make it more likely to happen on time.
MAKE A BREAK
Don’t use a break as an excuse to figure out what to do next.
By taking very specified breaks, you can work towards a stopping point. Use your break to take a quick walk or stretch for a few minutes.
This will get your blood flowing again and will help you re-focus.
You don’t have to do everything. Stop being a control freak.
Assign tasks to others to help with the smaller jobs.
Once you learn that it isn’t always “easier to do it yourself” you can free time up to take care of more important things.
If you have a hard time telling people no, tell them no anyway.
Choose the events and projects that are really important to you, and eliminate the rest of them from your calendar.
Once you learn to be assertive, you will figure out you don’t have to go to every party and event that comes along.
Spending time with your friends should not feel like an obligation.
There are countless other ways that you can save time during your work day, but if you keep reading or browsing more you are not using that time as productively!
You cannot manage your time simply by reading and browsing the time management articles and books. So stop reading, and get started with streamlining.
Plan your day, write your grocery list, and do some of those jobs you have been putting off.
You will be happy with the results and your stress levels will be much lower… I promise.
If you like my article, Subscribe here for the updates.
- Why Are We Lazy ?
- Do What You Love? or Love What You Do?
- How to be at Peak Energy Levels in the Morning
- Stop Complaining and Take Control of Life
- How to Stay Energetic All the Time?
- How to Convince Your Boss to Let You Go on a Vacation
- How to Eliminate Laziness
- How Beat Procrastination for lazy people
- How to Get Back to Work After a Long Break
- Weight Loss Tips for Lazy People Who Hate to Exercise
- How to Deal the Stress in the Workplace
- Merits of Laziness – How to benefit from Laziness
- Top Tips to Motivate Lazy People to Exercise
- Top Tips to Enjoy your Daily Commute to the Work Place
- Tips to Deal with Difficult People at Work and Seek Cooperation with Them
- Top Tips to Overcome Laziness in Children
- How to wake up early in the morning?
- Push your limits – Get out of the comfort zone
- How to Overcome Laziness at the Workplace? – Part 1
- How to Overcome Laziness at the Workplace? – Part 2
- How to Overcome Laziness at the Workplace? – Part 3